User Tools

Site Tools


meetings:2017-11-05

November 5, 2017

Present: David, Paul (minutes), Richard (facilitating), Serene, McAllen, Russ, Vaidy, Yarrow.

Meet and Greet

Maximo (second meeting, accepted), George (first meeting).

Review of Minutes

Minutes accepted.

Wiki Updates

There should be, but there aren't.

Click to open form

Click to hide form (useful for printing)

Note: $ must be escaped by preceding with a \. Example: \$100

R V U D N

Agenda Item 1

(Serene) Dismiss “no signature” no-shows from September.

Serene: It's just signing. I was doing labor and emailing McAllen but not writing out the sheet. Maybe not dismissed, but forgiven for not signing.

CQ: These are all grounds no-shows?

Serene: Yes. I was new on the grounds team. I wasn't hip to supplies and sign-off sheets, didn't have a key to the closet … I was still doing what I could.

POI from Grounds: You're not the first person to be bitten by not signing. I'd support this.

POI from Labor: We usually let people have non-signature no-shows removed for the asking. This one was delayed, so that wasn't possible.

POI: We could be much better about teaching new members about our labor systems, because they're not immediately intuitive.

Serene: There are multiple sign-off sheets outside, and it's confusing. There's other issues with the sign-off sheets. Maybe we could put all the sign-off sheets together rather than one in the courtyard and one in the alley?

POI from Labor: Maybe we could collaborate on a unified grounds sign-off sheet.

CQ: How many no-shows was it?

POI: Two.

POI from another member: I got written up when I signed and it's another issue.

POI: We can talk about any other labor issues in new business.

Item passes.

Agenda Item 2

(Russ) Approve behavioral contracts for Joshua and Maranda.

Russ: Same behavioral contract for each, for no more than 6 hours of gross no-shows in a month for November, December, and January.

POI: This is titled “behavioral contract.” Aren't these technically called “eviction hold-off agreements?”

Russ: Yes. Should I change it?

POI: Yeah.

Amendment: Re-title to “eviction hold-off agreements.”

Amendment accepted.

Item passes as amended.

Agenda Item 3

(McAllen) Allow McAllen to sign a payment plan for one additional month's rent (October). He is still in an existing installment agreement for a past month's rent that he will finish paying in December, 2017. He would like to pay October's rent over a 6 month period beginning January, 2018 and ending June, 2018.

(McAllen) Allow McAllen to sign a payment plan for one additional month's rent (October). He is still in an existing installment agreement for a past month's rent that he will finish paying in December, 2017. He would like to pay October's rent over a 6 month period beginning January, 2018 and ending June, 2018.

McAllen: I've got my truck paid off, but the last payment was ~4x much larger than I expected. That's why this is necessary. I'm confident I can meet the second payment plan because I no longer have a truck payment.

POI: We don't normally allow two payment plans, but this would be an additional payment plan that starts after the other plan ends, so not an additional burden.

CQ: You're currently on a plan?

McAllen: Yes, from a few months ago. It'll end before the next one begins.

We move to concerns and amendments.

Concern: McAllen's contract ends at the end of year. We don't normally allow payment plans to be extended past the contract time.

POI: We can sign a contract for a longer period of time.

Amendment: Payment plan is contingent on signing a new contract that goes to the end of June.

Amendment accepted.

Item passes as amended.

Agenda Item 4

(Russ) Remove references to the “Fixer” from the Maintenance Coordinator duties(Documents/Officers) and under “contacts”.

Not taken up.

Agenda Item 5

(Russ) Delete the word “not” from the “documents/consensus” page, item 5 a.

Not taken up.

New business

David: Joshua and I plan to be working on the garage to make it more useful to everyone. Also, I'd love to create a secure bike-storage area in the yellow commons room, to keep them dry and safe. Also, I'd like lockable lockers.

POI: Who would maintain that.

David: I could. I'd also be willing to put money into it if folks are OK with it.

POI from Labor: Those sound like numerous projects. I think we can go more modest at first, just cleaning out the garage. Before/after pictures? How many hours do you expect to spend a week?

David: Maybe two hours a week.

POI from Labor: How about three this coming week? We can check in after that and move forward.

David: What day do labor weeks start?

POI from Labor: Monday.

<Offers from others to help.>

CQ: Who do we talk to about getting more cameras working?

POI: Probably Aundre.

Labor Holiday! Now accepting project ideas; there'll be a sheet.

December 1st & 2nd!

CQ: Is it once a year?

POI: Twice a year.

CQ: How does getting comp'd for say Lowe's purchases?

POI: Talk to maintenance. Our treasurer prefers that you have a check rather than requesting later compensation.

CQ: I was wanting an update on when pest control will be out again.

POI: We'll talk to maintenance. Maintenance is definitely aware of this and making progress. Pressure is fine but they're doing their best.

meetings/2017-11-05.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/06 01:53 by paulwuersig